DON'T SEND MAIL TO 720 BELLEMY RD.
MAIL INSTEAD TO:
FOR THE SUPERVISOR: 5086 Sayles Rd. Saranac, MI 48881
FOR THE CLERK: 3886 Dildine Rd. Ionia, MI 48846
FOR THE TREASURER: 126 Meadowlark Dr. Ionia, MI 48846
This area was originally settled by the "People of the Three Fires". They're the Algonquin speaking tribes of the Ottawa, Chippewa and Potawatomi's. The tribes sold this area to the United States with the Treaty of Saginaw of 1819.
The first settler in Easton was Alfred Cornell Sr. and his family in 1833.
Easton Township was created by the State of Michigan in 1843.
Twenty eight votes were cast in the first election in 1843.
The first people chosen to be township officials were as follows:
Supervisor, Thomas Cornell
Clerk, Sanford Yeomans
Treasurer, Erastus Yeomans
The townhall was built in 1879.
The population of Easton Township according to the 2010 Census is 3082.
The township has a total area of 28.6 square miles.
720 Bellamy Rd. Ionia, MI 48846